Thank you for your interest in our Friday Nite JAMZ! or Saturday Nite JAMZ! Musical Concert events at the Academy Theatre. Our organization prides itself in offering and allowing artists to spread their wings, perfect their playing or singing experience, possibly make new contacts, build a fan base, or just enjoy sharing their talents simply because they love what they do.
Our goal for Friday Nite JAMZ! or Saturday NIte JAMZ! is to offer the same philosophy to artists as we do for our students and to bring live entertainment to our community. We don’t have a cover charge per se, but we do accept a nominal donation of $2 to cover any expenses related to the event from the public. For this reason, we unfortunately cannot offer an artist fee for your involvement. But what we do offer is the following;
· A special night for you and/or your band as the featured artist.
· Use of our main stage and two cast (dressing rooms) for rest or getting prepared.
· We will promote the event through our usual channels. I.e.: website, email blasts, text broadcasts, online event listings and through our social media outlets as FB and Instagram.
· To help with costs we run a concession type café at 100% proceeds to the Academy Theatre. Drinks and/or snacks for you and your band is available free of charge.
· 11”x17” card stock color posters of the event as a gift to each of your band members.
· You will be allowed to have a “tip” jar at the stage at 100% of proceeds to you.
· You may sell merchandise, demos or cd’s of you and your band at 100% sales to you.
· You may also hand out flyers or business cards of you and/or of your band.
What we will need from you;
· A visit at your convenience of our theatre to meet and show you the area where you will be performing, before the event.
· An artist/band bio and picture or logo of you or your group for media pieces, a month prior.
· As a collaborative effort, your own promotion of the event to your fan base and/or contacts and social outlets.
· Appropriate music/entertainment for all ages and family friendly audiences.
· Artists and bands must bring their own audio equipment or PA system as ours is very basic for theater.
· *A minimum of 1 ½ hours or more set list. Mid break/breaks are encouraged, if you like.
· Event hours are; doors opening at 7pm and goes to 9pm. Artists should arrive no later than 5:30 to set up on the event date
· Understanding that we are a youth organization and alcohol is not permitted in the building or parking lot.
· If you are performing in the future, please be sure to stop by at our First Saturdays to help support other local artists, or bands.
Due to location, circumstances of other area events, or holidays falling on or around the event date, Friday or Saturday concerts at our organization have been a hit or miss. You may have 4 people or 40 in attendance in the audience. We take this as just one of those things that goes with the music and entertainment industry and have a great time regardless. You will be treated well and assured of our hospitality and gratitude from our staff and/or members on hand.
If you are a solo artist and do not have a 1 ½ hour set list, having more than one artist sharing the event may be possible and a 45 minute set list (including break) will be needed with the first artist performing at 7pm to 7:45pm and the second from 8pm to 8:45pm.
If you will still like to participate and become one of our First Friday/Saturday special guests, please contact us with a reply we will begin the booking process. You may CLICK here to sign up easily and quickly.
We thank you for your generosity, appreciate your art and are grateful for your time you will be giving us to make for a mutual, beneficial event.
Thank you again for your interest,